2016 Roundtable Registration
PACIFIC JUVENILE DEFENDER CENTER’S
13th ANNUAL ROUNDTABLE:
Honoring Gault At 50
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2016, 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
VICTORIA GARDENS CULTURAL CENTER
Rancho Cucamonga (San Bernardino County), California
Looking for MCLE credits to help you demonstrate competence under the new California Rules of Court, rule 5.664 (AB 703)? Or just want to be up on the latest developments in California juvenile justice and build your knowledge in specific areas of the law?
PJDC’s Roundtable brings together juvenile advocates from around California for a full day of professional education, networking and celebration of our work. This year we honor and reflect upon In re Gault, which gave young people the right to counsel. The day will be filled with ways to fulfill the promise of Gault, and also to celebrate AB 703, recognizing California juvenile defense as the specialty it is.
- Legislative Update
- Case Law Update
- CYA/DJF: Will We Never Learn? – Dan MacAllair
- Lunch and Awards
- Division of Juvenile Facilities (DJF) Mechanics: Getting Things Done
- DJF Advocacy For and Against: Keeping Youth Out, and Using It to Prevent Transfer
- Record Sealing
- Education: Using Education Information in Advocacy
- School Discipline; Alternative Education Placements
- AB 12 – Extended Foster Care Services
- Intercounty Forum on Key Issues
- Appellate Practice: Making the Record, Working With Appellate Counsel
- Appellate Strategy on Issues Ripe For Litigation
- Registration Fee: $100 includes continental breakfast, lunch, MCLE certificate, and conference materials.
- Early Bird Registration Rate: $75 through August 17 (registration and payment must be received by this date).
- A block of reduced rate rooms ($120/night) has been reserved at the Four Points by Sheraton – click here to reserve your room. (This group rate is available until September 3, 2016 and subject to availability.)
- The Victoria Gardens Cultural Center is within a few miles of the Ontario Airport. (For further information, see http://vgculturalcenter.com/about/directions.phpis.)
To register, please fill out the online Registration Form below. Your registration will not be completed until PJDC receives your payment. PJDC accepts checks or payment via PayPal.
To pay by check, please mail a check payable to “PACIFIC JUVENILE DEFENDER CENTER” to: PJDC, c/o Eileen Manning-Villar, Attorney at Law, 446 Old County Road, Suite 100 – PMB 404, Pacifica, CA 94044. To pay via PayPal, please click on the “PAY NOW” link located on the Payment page that will appear after you enter your registration information below.
More information on presentations and workshops will be available soon. Watch for announcements on the PJDC listserv or check the PJDC web site at www.pjdc.org. For more information, please contact Eileen Manning-Villar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 784-6382.