Registration is now open for PJDC’s 16th annual Roundtable on Saturday, September 21st at UC Berkeley Law School in Berkeley. This year’s Roundtable will offer case law and legislative updates, as well as workshops in critical areas of juvenile law and policy with a focus on the traumas our clients face both inside and outside the juvenile justice system.
The event will include four Plenary Sessions:
• Legislative Update
• Case Law Update
• How Trauma Impacts Our Clients
• How Secondary Trauma Impacts Us
And two sessions of Afternoon Workshops — including:
• Leveraging Group Home Reform to Keep Youth in Their Communities
• Distance Detention: Identifying and Litigating the Rights of Youth Detained Far from Home
• Working with Experts and Evidentiary Issues in Juvenile Competency Proceedings
• The Fourth Amendment Rights of Public School Students: On-campus Detentions and Searches
• SB 1437/Felony Murder Reform
The event is co-organized with the East Bay Community Law Center.
The $125 registration covers continental breakfast, lunch, MCLE** and conference materials. (An early bird rate of $100 will be available through August 21.)
Please register in advance by following this link: PJDC Roundtable
** MCLE INFORMATION: PJDC certifies that this activity conforms to the standards of approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing Minimum Continuing Legal Education.