Date(s) - 09/21/2019
8:30 am - 4:10 pm
Location: U.C. Berkeley Law School – 215 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA
Topics: This year’s Roundtable will offer case law and legislative updates, as well as workshops in critical areas of juvenile law and policy with a focus on the traumas our clients face both inside and outside the juvenile justice system.
The event will include four Plenary Sessions:
• Legislative Update
• Case Law Update
• How Trauma Impacts Our Clients
• How Secondary Trauma Impacts Us
And two sessions of Afternoon Workshops — including:
• Leveraging Group Home Reform to Keep Youth in Their Communities
• Distance Detention: Identifying and Litigating the Rights of Youth Detained Far from Home
• Working with Experts and Evidentiary Issues in Juvenile Competency Proceedings
• The Fourth Amendment Rights of Public School Students: On-campus Detentions and Searches
• SB 1437/Felony Murder Reform
Registration: The $125 registration fee ($100 on or before August 21) includes continental breakfast, lunch, 6 hours of MCLE** and conference materials.
Questions: Please contact Eileen Manning-Villar at (650) 784-6382 or email@example.com.
Event Flyer: Click HERE
* REFUNDS: The registration fee for this event is refundable (minus a $10 processing fee) if requested at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 a.m. on 9/8/2019. After that no refunds will be given.
** PJDC certifies this activity conforms to the standards of approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing Minimum Continuing Legal Education.