Date(s) - 09/21/2019
8:30 am - 4:10 pm
Location: U.C. Berkeley Law School – 215 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA
Topics: This year’s Roundtable will offer case law and legislative updates, as well as workshops in critical areas of juvenile law and policy with a focus on the traumas our clients face both inside and outside the juvenile justice system.
The event will include four Plenary Sessions:
• Legislative Update
• Case Law Update
• How Trauma Impacts Our Clients
• How Secondary Trauma Impacts Us
And two sessions of Afternoon Workshops — including:
• Leveraging Group Home Reform to Keep Youth in Their Communities
• Distance Detention: Identifying and Litigating the Rights of Youth Detained Far from Home
• Working with Experts and Evidentiary Issues in Juvenile Competency Proceedings
• The Fourth Amendment Rights of Public School Students: On-campus Detentions and Searches
• SB 1437/Felony Murder Reform
Registration: The $125 registration fee ($100 on or before August 21) includes continental breakfast, lunch, 6 hours of MCLE** and conference materials.
Questions: Please contact Eileen Manning-Villar at (650) 784-6382 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Flyer: Click HERE
* REFUNDS: The registration fee for this event is refundable (minus a $10 processing fee) if requested at email@example.com by 12 a.m. on 9/8/2019. After that no refunds will be given.
** PJDC certifies this activity conforms to the standards of approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing Minimum Continuing Legal Education.
Register for this Event
Bookings are closed for this event.